Claire Sommers Buck
This item is Ready to Ship!
• Please allow 2-3 business days for your item to process.
• Shipping windows begin after your item is processed.
• Resizing incurs a fee, and adds 2-3 weeks lead time for Kate Maller Jewelry pieces. Other artist's policies + lead times vary. Please check the 'What To Know' tab for more info. Resizing fees will be invoiced after the item is purchased.
• Please note that resized items are final sale. We recommend you verify you have the correct size before ordering. If you don't see your size listed, drop us a line!
• Reach out to us with any questions, or if you need help with sizing.
• Please note that MADE TO ORDER + CUSTOM items are always final sale.
This item is MADE TO ORDER
• Please allow 3-4 weeks for your item(s) to be made.
• Shipping windows begin after your item is ready.
• MADE TO ORDER + custom items are always final sale.
• We recommend you verify you have the correct size before ordering.
• Please reach out to us with any questions, or if you have any questions, or need help with sizing.
- Materials include oxidized brass & sterling silver
- Sterling silver ear posts & nuts
- 2” long
The Great Rift Valley is a geological trench that runs north to south from Northern Syria through East Africa. In Africa, the terrain along the trench varies from salt flats below sea-level to snow capped mountains towering into the clouds. It is said to be one of the most significant formations on the planet that is visible from space.
As the Great Rift Valley cuts through the heart of Ethiopia, the namesake of the collection, Rift, seems incredibly fitting. Rift also means a fissure, fracture or crack in something. As this collection came together, many memories from our travels in Ethiopia were characterized by ‘rifts’; the difficulty of travel, the poverty, the environmental degradation. However difficult those cracks were to digest, they happened to be the very source of the beauty, authenticity, and magic of the country.
“There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in."