Hand-In-Hand: Ceramics, Mosaics, Tapestries, and Woodcarvings by the California Mid-Century Designers Evelyn & Jerome Ackerman by Dan Chavkin and Lisa Thackaberry
This item is Ready to Ship!
• Please allow 2-3 business days for your item to process.
• Shipping windows begin after your item is processed.
• Resizing incurs a fee, and adds 2-3 weeks lead time for Kate Maller Jewelry pieces. Other artist's policies + lead times vary. Please check the 'What To Know' tab for more info. Resizing fees will be invoiced after the item is purchased.
• Please note that resized items are final sale. We recommend you verify you have the correct size before ordering. If you don't see your size listed, drop us a line!
• Reach out to us with any questions, or if you need help with sizing.
• Please note that MADE TO ORDER + CUSTOM items are always final sale.
This item is MADE TO ORDER
• Please allow 4-6 weeks for your item(s) to be made.
• Shipping windows begin after your item is ready.
• MADE TO ORDER + custom items are always final sale.
• We recommend you verify you have the correct size before ordering.
• Please reach out to us with any questions, or if you have any questions, or need help with sizing.
Small Batch Publisher
Hand-In-Hand: Ceramics, Mosaics, Tapestries, Woodcarvings by the California Mid-Century Designers Evelyn and Jerome Ackerman by Dan Chavkin and Lisa Thackaberry is the first monograph of the artists whose oeuvre was critically influential and is now seen as the epitome of California mid-century modernism. With a preface by Jonathan Adler, the book tracks the couple’s careers in the decorative arts from their beginnings to the creation of Jenev Design Studio and its eventual shift to ERA Industries, as well as their involvement in every prestigious California Design exhibition from 1954 to 1976. Additionally, after almost 30 years of work they continued to create and develop their styles. The Ackermans became known for their uses of a wide spectrum of mediums including weaving, ceramics, wood carvings, and mosaics. The Ackermans’ individualistic and innovative techniques also ensured that great design be both accessible and affordable. Featuring many never-before-seen preparatory drawings and color guides, this book tells the heartening story of a successful collaboration and celebrated partnership, in not only design, but in life.
Hardcover - 240 Pages / 8” X 12.375” - ISBN: 978-1-938461-16-3