Wood Care - Oil
This item is Ready to Ship!
• Please allow 2-3 business days for your item to process.
• Shipping windows begin after your item is processed.
• Resizing incurs a fee, and adds 2-3 weeks lead time for Kate Maller Jewelry pieces. Other artist's policies + lead times vary. Please check the 'What To Know' tab for more info. Resizing fees will be invoiced after the item is purchased.
• Please note that resized items are final sale. We recommend you verify you have the correct size before ordering. If you don't see your size listed, drop us a line!
• Reach out to us with any questions, or if you need help with sizing.
• Please note that MADE TO ORDER + CUSTOM items are always final sale.
This item is MADE TO ORDER
• Please allow 3-4 weeks for your item(s) to be made.
• Shipping windows begin after your item is ready.
• MADE TO ORDER + custom items are always final sale.
• We recommend you verify you have the correct size before ordering.
• Please reach out to us with any questions, or if you have any questions, or need help with sizing.
The oil keeps wood nicely moisturized to prevent cracking, warping or staining from acidic food.
The wax seals the oil in and adds a more durable barrier for a longer lasting and healthy food service finish.
A natural, plant based alternative to food grade mineral oil (derived from petroleum) that will never go rancid. The product is specifically designed to protect the wood from absorbing unwanted liquids which can cause warping or cracking of the wood.
HOW TO USE: Wash the wood surface and allow to dry. Apply board oil and spread the oil using a clean cloth. Dryer wood may require several applications.
For the best results, we recommend using both the oil and wax for the first year or so of use. Like antique handmade wood bowls, our wooden products are intended to develop into family heirlooms, and much like a cast iron pan, will develop a warm protective patin and will require increasing less maintenance to renew the all natural finish.