Tiny Skull Studs - 18k Gold
This item is Ready to Ship!
• Please allow 2-3 business days for your item to process.
• Shipping windows begin after your item is processed.
• Resizing incurs a fee, and adds 2-3 weeks lead time for Kate Maller Jewelry pieces. Other artist's policies + lead times vary. Please check the 'What To Know' tab for more info. Resizing fees will be invoiced after the item is purchased.
• Please note that resized items are final sale. We recommend you verify you have the correct size before ordering. If you don't see your size listed, drop us a line!
• Reach out to us with any questions, or if you need help with sizing.
• Please note that MADE TO ORDER + CUSTOM items are always final sale.
This item is MADE TO ORDER
• Please allow 3-4 weeks for your item(s) to be made.
• Shipping windows begin after your item is ready.
• MADE TO ORDER + custom items are always final sale.
• We recommend you verify you have the correct size before ordering.
• Please reach out to us with any questions, or if you have any questions, or need help with sizing.
A mostly symmetrical skull-ideal that beguiles your expectations by appearing perfect but possessing just enough subtle asymmetry to preserve a touch of the real. Our skulls are based on the anatomical illustrations of such figures as Leonardo da Vinci, well-known for his fascination with the human body, and Andreas Vesalius, usually regarded as the father of modern human anatomy. What is remarkable about these early drawings is that they aren't scientifically accurate, they're idealizations that combine observation with imagination. A real human skull isn't symmetrical and is actually quite horrific to look at. The artistic skulls of these Renaissance illustrations, however, have the magical quality of seeming more real than the real thing itself. They are hyper-real. Likewise, the Anthony Lent skull sculptures are works of art that can fool us into thinking they're based on real, human skulls.
- 18k Yellow Gold
- 5mm x 8mm